[Borgbackup] Bare Metal Backup?

Stan Armstrong mfseeker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 06:18:33 EDT 2017

Is there a straightforward way of using borgbackup to do a full metal

backup/restore of my system partition?

I am running Debian Stretch 9.1. I would like to back it up in such a
way that if my SSD boot drive is destroyed, I can restore my system
immediately in bootable condition. All of the solutions I have located
are too complex for my aging brain. I have understood borg well enough
to use it for many months, backing up various partitions to and from
other drives both locally and via SSH on my household LAN. I automated
everything by writing simple scripts and using cron.

I suspect that I simply don't know how to make a restored partition
bootable.