[Borgbackup] how to back up 300 million files

Zsolt Ero zsolt.ero at gmail.com
Thu May 4 05:42:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to solve the problem of backing up 300 million files,
preferably with borg. The files are small, totalling only 100 GB all
together (12 kb on average).

Is it possible to use borg to handle such task? The documentation says
it is quite limited in the number of files. I am looking for a
solution which doesn't need to be changed even if the files grow to
10x the size of this.

Preferably I'd like to back up over to a remote server, running "borg
serve", having a local disk.

I am OK to use 1.10 beta as long as the archives stay compatible with
the final 1.10 version. Is that the case?

Zsolt