[Borgbackup] fuse problem

Maurice Libes maurice.libes at osupytheas.fr
Fri Apr 7 04:31:25 EDT 2017

>>> My guess is permissions on:
>>>
>>> /mnt/borg-restore/
>>>
>> I would have liked
>>
>> root at rancid:~# ll /mnt/borg-restore/ -d
>>
>> drwxrwxrwx 2 borg root 4096 Apr  3 09:50 /mnt/borg-restore/
>>
>> root at rancid:~# borg mount
>> /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-bioinfo::bioinfo-2017-04-03 /mnt/borg-restore/
>>
>> fuse: mount failed: Permission denied
>
> What are permissions on?:
>
> /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-bioinfo::bioinfo-2017-04-03

root at rancid:~/BORG# ll /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-bioinfo

total 170658

-rw-------  1 borg borg        26 Feb 28 16:56 README

-rw-------  1 borg borg       635 Feb 28 16:56 config

drwx------ 70 borg borg        70 Mar 30 02:27 data

-rw-------  1 borg borg   2760423 Apr  7 02:23 hints.678061

-rw-------  1 borg borg 171652778 Apr  7 02:23 index.678061

> I generally try to stay away from running as root for user
> applications. In my case my repos are in directories accessible by my
> user name (aklaver) and the mount point I use is in my user directory.
> I run borg as the aklaver user.

yes it's a little bit confused for me..
my general case is to make PC backup via the LAN with a borg user...
like that
/
$ borg create  -v  --stats
borg at myserver.fr:/mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-pc::pcsargasse-2017-03-13//
/
so the archive belongs to borg.. and I can mount the archive on the PC
that case works fine//

but I test another case described above which causes problem at mounting
time...

I want to make a backup directly on the borg server itself (which is a
LXC vm)  between 2 NAS ...
I backup some big directories from one NAS to another NAS via borg

so in that case, the backup is made with the "root" user...  like that
/$ borg create --stats --compression zlib,3
/mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-netappdata::netappdata-2017-04-06
/
in that case the archive belong to root

root at rancid:~# ll /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-netappdata/total 10478

-rw------- 1 root borg       26 Apr  3 17:37 README

-rw------- 1 root borg      655 Apr  3 17:37 config

drwx------ 5 root borg        5 Apr  6 18:36 data

-rw------- 1 root borg    78759 Apr  6 20:22 hints.26349

-rw------- 1 root borg 10485898 Apr  6 20:22 index.26349

and the problem is just to mount the archive on this LXC borg server
(fuse problem)

$ /usr/local/bin/borg mount /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-netappdata::netapp-data-2017-04-06  /mnt/borg-restore/

fuse: mount failed: Permission denied

I didn't find the solution yet, why the mounting is denied

thanks

ML