[Borgbackup] borg web interface and backup checking

Maurice Libes maurice.libes at osupytheas.fr
Mon Mar 13 12:37:38 EDT 2017

Le 13/03/2017 à 17:13, Marian Beermann a écrit :
> On 13.03.2017 11:02, Maurice Libes wrote:
>> hi to all
>>
>> I have some difficulties in understanding how the borg web interface works
>> I hesitate to test it because I read that  the web interface is to put
>> on the borg client side?
>> (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/borgweb)
>>
>> or I am wrong?
>>
>> If it is the case , it means that we can not have a synoptic web vision
>> of the whole backuped PCs (like backuppc does) ?
>>

>> let's be clear I am impressed by the performance of "borg" in term of
>> backup
>> and as I am deploying it on many pc of my labs, I was asking to me how
>> to check the logs
>> of the daily backup of many pc at a glance
>>
>> thanks for information
>>
>> ML
>>
> It sounds like you would be looking for BorgCube (
> https://github.com/enkore/borgcube ), which is "[A network] Backup
> system built on Borg Backup". Analogy: BorgCube is to Borg like
> GitHub/GitLab is to Git.
>
> NOTE: BorgCube is in NO WAY ready for production use and won't be for
> some time to come, since I am mostly diverting my resources towards Borg
> 1.1.x at this time. There are about ~two weeks of unpublished work on
> BorgCube, though.
>
> Cheers, Marian
>
> P.S.
>
> More broadly speaking, Borg 1.0.x was not well suited to be integrated
> into some sort of "frontend" to a full-fledged backup application.
>
> We put a lot of work into Borg 1.1.x (beta) to make this easier for
> application developers, so there's some hope that Borg is integrated
> into more (graphical) backup applications.
ok understood
take your time, but it will surely be a important direction to add some
functionalities to your wonderful product

waiting for this piece of software, a good way could be to write some
bash or perl script
to gather and send the backup information by mail to a sysadmin
and make the life easiest

may be a working group could try to write such a pieces of perl script?
me If I have time ;-)

ML