[Borgbackup] Duplicating repository and making it independent from the parent

Eric S. Johansson eric at in3x.io
Thu Feb 9 11:04:45 EST 2017

I hope I didn't miss an FAQ on this topic.

I've been running Borg internally for a while and like many other
people, think it's great. Now it's time to move data off-site and I
tried just replicating the in-house repository with rsync. Once I
replicated the original data, I started updating both repositories
independently. . Apparently this is not a good process because I got a
warning about problems with the cache on the local server.

What's the best way to replicate an existing backup and make it
independent from the parent source? The main reason I'm doing this is
that I want to capture all of the data changes currently preserved  in
the local Borg repository.

--
Eric S. Johansson
eric at in3x.io