[Borgbackup] Failsafe?

public at enkore.de public at enkore.de
Wed Aug 17 15:10:44 EDT 2016

In regards to backup monitoring I would recommend to send mails after
every succeeded *and* failed backup. If they stop coming you know
something's up (ditto if they report failures).

In regards to locking, there have been some improvements in most
releases of the 1.0 series and there are efforts to improve it for 1.1
(eg. https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/pull/1246 ). Scripting it is
possible, making that safe may not be so simple, even if it is assured
externally (cron?) that tasks won't overlap.

Ie. we're aware that this is a pain point and try to do better.

Cheers, Marian