[Borgbackup] What to do if file is lost?

Tomasz Melcer liori at exroot.org
Wed Jul 6 09:53:42 EDT 2016

Hi,

My storage for backups developed a bad block (found using `btrfs
scrub`). I made a copy of everything, except for one file that seem to
be hit by badblock (an index.«some number») file. The original medium
still seems to work fine—I mean, if not for `btrfs scrub`, I wouldn't
know about the problem.

Given that the archive is pretty large now, I wonder whether there is
any way to regenerate this file safely? At this point I wouldn't mind
running a full backup run from scratch, but it would save a lot of time.

--
Tomasz Melcer