[Borgbackup] environment variable to set compression?

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 10:57:33 EST 2016

On 12/03/16 20:07, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 03/11/2016 11:23 PM, Sitaram Chamarty wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I discovered borg a day or so ago and it seems really great; thanks for
>> a very, very, nice piece of software.
>>
>> Are there any plans to add something like, say, BORG_COMPRESSION, to set
>> default compression?
>
> http://borgbackup.readthedocs.org/en/stable/faq.html#why-is-my-backup-bigger-than-with-attic-why-doesn-t-project-name-do-compression-by-default

Let me rephrase my question without using the word "default" (I've
changed the subject line also).

Is there a possibility - in the future - that we can set our compression
choice using an environment variable - like, say BORG_COMPRESSION -
instead of using the command line flag.  (BORG_REPO is an example of an
env var that is similar).

regards
sitaram