[Baypiggies] PyBay 2020's call for 25 and 40 mins talk proposals ends tomorrow mid-night (Tue)

Grace Law grace at pybay.com
Mon Jul 13 18:47:40 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

In case you haven't heard, PyBay's call for 25 or 40-mins talk proposals is
ending tomorrow (Tuesday) at midnight. Please submit your proposals now:
https://sessionize.com/pybay2020-online-edition/

PyBay2020 <https://pybay.com/> is the conference for Python developers
around the world to get educated, inspired, and get connected during this
unprecedented time.

Even though we will meet online on August 14-16, it will probably be *the
most social weekend *you've experienced lately as we are putting a lot of
thoughts in helping you connect with each other organically and share
things that you are passionate about.

For speakers, we are arranging meet the speakers sessions after your talk
is over so you can video chat with folks interested in your topic. And you
can spin up round 2 of your talk and go deeper in a breakout room.
Read more about the direction we are going on our medium post
<https://medium.com/pybay/pybay2020-aims-to-be-an-online-conference-thats-educational-inspiring-and-social-will-we-7e070fad9288>
.

TOPICS SEEKING

As with past PyBay's, our audience are technical and favors in-depth talks
with actionable takeaways in the following themes:

   - Python Fundamentals & Popular Python Libraries
   - Speed, Scale, and Performance
   - Devops, Automation, and Testing
   - Machine Learning, AI, and Data
   - Web, Internet of Things, and Hardware
   - People and Project Management

For our 5th annual conference, we also want to uplift the global community
by highlighting projects that inspire or help us cope during this
unprecedented time. As such, we are reserving talk slots to show case:

   - technologies developed to ease the effects of the pandemic, and
   - projects that aims to ease racial and/or gender inequalities

More info available on our talk submission form on sessionize.
<https://sessionize.com/pybay2020-online-edition/>

After the conference is over, your talk will be available on SF Python's
YouTube channel with over 12,000 subscribers and other relevant sites.

We can't wait to hear about what you've been working on!

Grace

PyBay Conference Chair

Grace Law

PyBay Conference Chair and SF Python Organizer

415-323-0388 / grace at pybay.com

SF Python <https://sfpythonmeetup.com> is a volunteer-run organization
aiming to foster the Python Community in the Bay Area. We produce ~20
educational events a year including PyBay <https://pybay.com/>,
the Regional Python Conference in SF this August. Learn more
<https://youtu.be/EwK04nc4iyI>
ᐧ