[Baypiggies] Thanks to Stitch Fix - more scholarships available to PyBay - Apply NOW

Grace Law grace at pybay.com
Wed Jul 31 21:52:58 EDT 2019

Hi Pythonistas,

At PyBay <https://pybay.com/>we celebrate the diversity and inclusion of
the Python community. We believe a diverse community adds richness to the
Python ecosystem. This year we have assembled a speaker lineup that
includes ~33% from underrepresented groups, who will dive deep and advance
your skills and knowledge. We’ve added even more events that encourage
people from different backgrounds to meet, mingle and make close
connections with each other.

Through individual and corporate donations we have helped 23 people who
want to attend PyBay with scholarships and financial aid. Our next round of
Diversity and Inclusion sponsorships go out 8/3. To apply for scholarships
or the work-trade program visit us here
<https://pybay.com/volunteer-and-scholarships/>. Or if you’d like to be a
corporate sponsor or make an individual donation, learn more here
<https://pybay.com/diversity-and-inclusion/#support>. To get your ticket to
PyBay2019 or to learn more, visit us at PyBay.com <https://pybay.com/>.

We’d like to thank all our Diversity and Inclusion sponsors and are happy
to announce our newest sponsor Stitch Fix <https://www.stitchfix.com/>.

PyBay 2019 Diversity and Inclusion Sponsors

Stitch Fix <https://www.stitchfix.com/>, is about personal styling for
everybody and they believe in both a service and a workplace where you can
be your best, most authentic self. They’re the first fashion retailer to
combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to
deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition
attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers
and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to their
customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men,
women, and kids. Join us <https://multithreaded.stitchfix.com/>!

Microsoft <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/>is a large a diverse company
who offers many different services and software such as Visual Studio, a
free, cross-platform, open source code editor. With a little configuration
it can also be so much more. Use extensions to extend the editor. Adding
support for a wide range of languages including Python. It has Jupyter Cell
Debugging that allow you to work with Jupyter notebooks with ease. Live
Share Live Share allows for simple and pain free collaboration with teams
both local and remote.

To learn more visit here
<https://www.nnja.io/post/2019/three-things-you-should-know-visual-studio-code/>
.

Sauce Labs <https://saucelabs.com/> provides an inclusive workforce culture
and is the proud recipient of the 2019 Comparably Award for ‘Best CEO for
Diversity.’ Sauce supports the open source community and is the industry
leader in continuous testing. Our cloud-based platform helps developers
test native & hybrid mobile and web applications across thousands of
browser / OS combinations and real devices. We offer value extensions like
Sauce Headless and Sauce Performance to enhance developer productivity. In
addition, we provide built-in video recording and screenshots of every test
case, debugging tools, and advanced analytics. Get started with a free
trial here <https://signup.saucelabs.com/signup/trial>. We’re hiring!

Interested in attending and need financial help?

Apply for full or half scholarships, or our work-trade program here
<https://pybay.com/volunteer-and-scholarships/>. Our second round of awards
will be going out Saturday evening 8/3.

Want to support Diversity and Inclusion efforts?

You can contribute as an individual. Make a donation when you purchase a ticket
<https://ti.to/sf-python/pybay2019>or donate directly here
<https://squareup.com/store/sf-python>.

Want to be a corporate sponsor?

Become a diversity sponsor, more details can be found on our sponsor
prospectus <https://pybay.com/sponsors-prospectus/>.

Want to attend PyBay?

Regardless of your participation in diversity and inclusion, we look
forward to seeing you this August 15–18!

Participate single day or multiple! Grab your ticket while they last!
<https://ti.to/sf-python/pybay2019>

Use disc code FriendsofSFPython for $35 OFF Individual and Corporate Ticket

Current Sponsors (many of them are hiring at pybay.com/jobs)
<https://pybay.com/our-sponsors/>

Please help make PyBay2019 even more memorable by inviting people you know!

See you this August!
Grace and your dedicated volunteer crew <https://pybay.com/team>

ᐧ