[Baypiggies] Python Screen Readers for accessibility?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sat Sep 22 13:28:01 EDT 2018

Someone pointed me in the direction of this talk. I'm only half way through the video and I'm thinking:

- Are there screen readers specifically for a programming language?
- If we had a screen reader for Python, is there a PEP on how it would be read/how it would sound? (Could someone read it in a way that another person could write it (passing pycodestyle) and the diffs between the files would be minimal?
- Are there any members of our community now who have have experience with vision issues writing Python code?

The talk is regarding Go. But the accessibility issues transcend all languages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVaDY0ChvOQ

Transcript and slides here:
https://www.juliaferraioli.com/presos/writing-accessible-go/

All feedback welcome.