[Baypiggies] Phantom seeking Python engineers in Palo Alto

Oliver Friedrichs oliver at phantom.us
Thu Jun 23 00:56:56 EDT 2016

Everyone –

We have another open position for a senior Python engineer here at Phantom, an innovative Palo Alto based enterprise security company.

We are looking for a senior Python engineer to author Phantom Apps (Python modules that connect Phantom to other security technologies).  Phantom was recognized as the “Most Innovative Startup” at the RSA 2016 conference in February and is backed by some of the top names in the security space.

Senior Software Engineer - Python, Palo Alto, CA

We are looking for a Python Engineer responsible for creating apps that enables the platform to connect to various enterprise products and services. The candidate will also be using the capabilities of the platform to develop security content aka. Playbooks for various use cases. We are looking for top python engineers who are creative with a passion for security.

Playbooks are codification of a security operations (SecOps) plan. In practice they’re high-level Python scripts. Playbooks hook into the Phantom platform and all of its capabilities in order to execute actions, ensuring a repeatable and auditable process around security operations.

Phantom Apps extend the platform’s capabilities by supporting integration into third party security products and tools. Most security technologies have REST APIs, command line interfaces or other management interfaces that Phantom Apps connect to in order to execute investigative and containment actions to control your environment. Apps expose a set of Actions that they support back to the platform. These actions can serve a number of purposes – retrieving data for investigative purposes or changing policy on a security device for example.

Location: We are looking for engineers to work from our Palo Alto headquarters office.

Responsibilities
* Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
* Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
* Implementation of security and data protection

Skills And Qualifications
* Strong computer science fundamentals.
* Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (e.g. Django, Flask, etc.)
* Good understanding of Functions, Classes, Comprehensions, Exceptions in Python
* Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
* Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
* Strong unit test and debugging skills
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (i.e Git)
* Proficient understanding of REST APIs and requests module.
* Proficient understanding of Unix Operating System
* Experience in Security Domain is a plus!

Feel free to contact me directly.. no recruiters or remote employees please!

Thank you,

Oliver

--
Oliver Friedrichs, Founder and CEO, Phantom
M: +1 (650) 208-5151 | oliver at phantom.us