[Baypiggies] Big changes to the BayPIGgies Meetups

Don Sheu dinaldo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:41:35 EST 2016

I remember as Aahz stated Dennis Reinhardt posting to psf-community email
list about transferring the baypiggies.netregistration to a safe holder.
Lynn Root recommended like she'd done with pyladies.com, that the current
owner transfer the ownership to the PSF.

I organize PuPPy in Seattle. When I arrived in Seattle there was a
professional meetup organizer running Python meetups sporadically. So I
feel the pain expressed in this thread. I've enjoyed the frequent
engagement of BayPiggies' community on the mailing list. I'd be glad to
help out to keep this group going.

Though since I'm located in Seattle, I can't make every monthly meeting.

Are there folks willing to step in as event hosts on a rotating basis? I
lived in San Mateo for a few years, so somewhat familiar with the
geography. Happy to try to support locating venues, speakers, and sponsors.

Thoughts? Apologies to Martin and Stephen for the repeat. The list
moderator rejected my earlier message because of the screenshot.

--
Don Sheu
312.880.9389

RSVP for my Python user group, meeting 1/13/2016 Zillow
*http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/227337808/
<http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/227337808/>*

ᐧ

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016, Stephen wrote:
> > martin at falatic.com
> >>
> >> And since when did the acronym change? Is the Meetup group not related
>
> AFAIK, the Meetup group never was formally associated with baypiggies.net
> nor this mailing list.
>
> > meanwhile who are the owners of this BayPIGgies mailing-list and
> > www.baypiggies.net site admin and domain name owner?
>
> whois will tell you that baypiggies.net is now owned by the PSF
> (following a discussion last December when Dennis Reinhardt wanted to
> give it up); this BayPIGgies mailing list has always been owned by the
> PSF and hosted on the PSF servers after Deirdre Saoirse Moen stopped
> running the original list several years ago.
> --
> Aahz (aahz at pythoncraft.com)           <*>
> http://www.pythoncraft.com/
>
> "All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of
> indirection."  --Butler Lampson

Don Sheu
312.880.9389

RSVP for my Python user group, meeting 1/13/2016 Zillow
*http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/227337808/
<http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/227337808/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*