[Baypiggies] writing simple CRUD web app, suggestions needed

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 4 18:25:45 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016, Aleksandr Miroslav wrote:

> The requirements are very simple:
>
>    - parent goes to site and registers their child's info (name, DOB,
>    allergies, emergency contact, etc.)
>    - admins (teachers) can see registrations, search, filter, etc.
>    - admins can export and print registration list

Gonna be a bit of a spoilsport here: I'm not sure you should do this.

The problem is that there are various laws regulating security of
information about children, and unless you're both knowledgable about
those laws and about managing web application security, you might find
yourself in legal hot water.

Note: I'm not an expert on either of those, I've just seen enough reports
various places that I'd have to think hard about whether I'd want to take
on the task.

Completely aside from that, unless you're interested in doing this for
fun (or have lots of spare time), I'd look around to see if there are
commercial providers of this kind of functionality.

"There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."  --Disraeli