[Baypiggies] ANN: Intro+Intermediate Python, San Francisco, Jul 30-31, Aug 1

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 18:28:20 CEST 2014

Hey everyone,

Just a quick final reminder about my 3-day Python course coming up in a few
weeks (Jul 30-Aug 1). To recap, my audience isn't the absolute newbie to
coding... it *is* geared towards the following audiences:

   1. Those who already know how to code in another high-level language
   (C/C++, Java, PHP, Ruby) looking to get a strong introduction to Python
   2. Those who already know Python syntax, i.e., either by tinkering on
   their own, via a study group, have taken courses from Udacity,
   Coursera, Marilyn - UC Santa Cruz or any other local college, or have
   completed "Learn Python the Hard Way"... they want to know more and take
   their skills to the next level plus learn good Python practices along the
   way.
   3. Those who know Python well and use it often but want to fill-in gaps
   in their knowledge or have run into hard-to-explain bugs with their code
   even if it appears to all be syntactically correct.

The course takes place near the SFO airport (free shuttle for those flying
in). It's across the street from the San Bruno BART station (and up the
road from CalTrain), and there's easy freeway access (101/380/280) along
with free parking. The fee is $1495 (covers all lectures, codelabs, course
materials, textbook) -- bring a friend or colleague, and you'll both get a
discount! (Contact me privately for details.) Here's the public ad:
http://goo.gl/pyJseQ.

Go to http://corepython.com and click the "Training" link in the lower
right-hand corner. There are links to the course and registration. You can
also watch a 5-minute video to get an idea of my teaching style and
classroom interaction. A 1-pager/flyer (PDF) can be downloaded at
http://cyberwebconsulting.com/flyerPP1.pdf

Hope to meet some of you in a few weeks!
--Wesley