[Baypiggies] Tech Lead / Architect / Principal Engineer - Risk Engine

Skye King Laskin skye at talentinterests.com
Wed Apr 2 21:52:34 CEST 2014

Bay piggies,
Hope you are doing well!
Below is info on an epic role I am looking to get the right person
on-board. this
is a hands on role where an expert level java and senior level Python knowledge
will assure me you can land running and like it here.

Oh yeah were are about to IPO withing 12 month so...

Position: Sr. Staff Software Engineer

Area: Risk Engineering

Hiring Manager: Head of Data Engineering

Work Location: Menlo Park, CA

Type: Full-time

Who Are We?

We are the partner of choice to the 23 million underbanked Hispanics in the
United States who need access to responsible and empowering financial
products and services. Unlike mainstream institutions, we provide loans
without collateral to clients who lack credit history by using its
sophisticated risk-scoring system that emphasizes a client's true capacity
to afford a loan. we engage with customers in their neighborhoods, in their
language, and with familiar faces from the community to build relationships
of trust that lead to a lifetime of growth and prosperity.

We are a for-profit institution that believes in the moral collateral of
its clients and is committed to providing opportunities to help its clients
achieve their dreams. Since its founding in 2005, the company has made more
than 350,000 loans, extending $900 million in capital to underserved
Hispanic families through more than 90 locations across California,
Illinois and
Texas and helping improve credit scores for more than 87 percent of its
loan customers. We strongly believe in building a great business while also
achieving social good, and seek to hire people who share our values.

The Opportunity...

Our customers have not been understood by big banks or allowed entry into
the mainstream financial market. As a consequence, we can't use traditional
tools because there simply aren't any that serve these customers.
Therefore, we need a team of talented engineers who dream of data, simple
user experiences and the endless possibility of applying new tech to build
the algos and internal / consumer facing platform to enable socially
responsible lending practices -- from scratch.

A little bit about you...

You love writing code that makes are real positive impact on people's
lives.

You love working in a fast-paced startup environment.

You are respected by other engineers for solid code and think ahead in your
design.

You are comfortable with agile development and love shipping rapidly in
small increments.

You take ownership of code, refactor code to make it better, and help
ensure code is well tested.

You are curious, creative and constantly think of new ways to improve what
we do.

You have no ego and a willingness to do whatever it takes to ship product.

And of course, the skills...

   -

   8+ years of industry software development
   -

   5+ years of implementing risk models, predictive analytics, or other
   data mining systems
   -

   Expert-level Java (preferred), or Ruby, Python, or Groovy development
   -

   Deep knowledge of decisioning or data mining service architecture,
   validation, and testing
   -

   Experience with web and service-oriented architectures

   -

   Experience with git and related workflows or similar code management
   systems
   -

   Startup and agile process experience
   -

   Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field

Other Skills We'd Love...

   -

   Hands-on knowledge of analyzing and tuning the performance of data
   services
   -

   Implementing data mining models, such as decision trees, or regressions
   -

   Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
   -

   Loan application approval or credit scoring
   -

   Fraud, spam or abuse detection
   -

   Social network analysis
   -

   eCommerce platforms, or consumer finance applications

If you have interest in learning more or any questions email or call me.

Thanks
Skye King Laskin
PF Talent Acquisition
775-354-6997(cell)