[Baypiggies] Suggestions on Python training for first programming language?

seth f sfseth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 07:13:56 CEST 2014

Thanks you all for your (ok, predictable) high level of supportiveness (one
of the reasons I steer people towards python as a community as much as i do
as a beautiful programming language).

As a friend I'm both going to do what I can to mellowly teach (ie, hang out
over a glass of nice red) and/or steer her towards more qualified people
than myself for better education, as I have a high level of familiarity
with just the basics of python, not by choice.  I don't think she's going
to be the champion to conquer the GIL, but as a user of a language picking
between PHP ruby perl java etc, python seems like a great first language to
me.

I appreciate the suggestions.   Thanks.  See most of you soon probably.

seth