[Baypiggies] Looking to Hire Contract Faculty & Mentors At Rocket Space|RocketU Developer Bootcamp; HTML/CSS/JavaScript, Python, Django

Michelle Berry mberry at rocket-space.com
Fri Sep 20 20:49:46 CEST 2013

We are actively looking for great Python teachers, mentors and TA's to help
us deliver training to aspiring Python developers.

Role: Contract Faculty At Rocket Space|RocketU Developer Bootcamp;
HTML/CSS/JavaScript, Python, Django

*About RocketSpace | RocketU*

RocketSpace is an open innovation campus located in the heart of San
Francisco. Our members are disruptive, fast-growing technology companies
who want to gain an unfair advantage in the market.

RocketU helps top-performing entrepreneurs and tech professionals learn the
cutting-edge coding languages and techniques that are necessary for today’s
modern applications. We’re more than just another dev bootcamp; we deliver
our courses with your whole tech career in mind. RocketU is embedded on the
RocketSpace campus, giving you access to some of the hottest tech startups
on the planet.

*Job Description *
We are looking for a team of dynamic, talented and enthusiastic technical
faculty, mentors and TA’s to train students who are highly motivated to
transition into the tech industry. Each Developer Bootcamp lasts 10 weeks
and start every quarter. During the bootcamp, the faculty and mentor team
will eat and breathe with the students Monday thru Friday, 8AM - 6PM.
The RocketU logo, Develop Yourself, is targeted at both faculty as well as
aspiring developers because we fundamentally believe that when you teach,
you learn. If you love technology and learning and would benefit from
rewarding interaction with aspiring developers and the broader RocketSpace
accelerator community, we want to hear from you!

*Major job responsibilities include:*

   - Leading lectures and labs on all technical aspects in the bootcamp
   - Guiding students on their individual product design, development,
   debug and deployment
   - Preparing students for job interviews and product demo
   - Assessing quality of work and providing constructive feedback
   - Conducting technical Interviews of prospective RocketU bootcamp
   applicants
   - Technical Requirements

*The ideal candidate(s) will have: *

   - Expertise in working with front end technology such as HTML, CSS,
   Javascript, and JQuery
   - Proficiency with Python and/or Ruby and experience with frameworks
   such as Django and Rails
   - Hands-on experience with Web application architecture and database
   design
   - Exposure to “what’s hot” in technology like NodeJS, Backbone, Angular,
   less, bootstrap… (the list is way too long)
   - Familiarity with the typical web server setup

*General Requirements *

   - Experience in training and mentoring web development to
   students/colleagues/team members
   - 5+ years professional Web development experience, with managerial
   experience preferred
   - Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling
   effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates
   - Meticulous attention to detail
   - Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace
   - A great sense of humor is always appreciated
   - Ability to work out of our San Francisco based office

If you are interested in learning more about potentially joining our team,
please contact Michelle Berry at rocketu at rocket-space.com.

*Michelle Berry | RocketSpace*
Senior Vice President, RocketU

mberry at rocket-space.com