[Baypiggies] Need help root causing exception http.client.BadStatusLine

Shubhra Sharma sharma.shubhra07 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 02:37:10 CET 2012

Hi Guido,

Thanks for responding.I will check the catalina logs to see what happened.

When tomcat is not running on my setup I see the following error:

  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/httplib2/__init__.py",
line 1207, in request
    (response, content) = self._request(conn, authority, uri, request_uri,
method, body, headers, redirections, cachekey)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/httplib2/__init__.py",
line 961, in _request
    (response, content) = self._conn_request(conn, request_uri, method,
body, headers)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/httplib2/__init__.py",
line 898, in _conn_request
    conn.connect()
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/http/client.py",
line 724, in connect
    self.timeout, self.source_address)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/socket.py",
line 404, in create_connection
    raise err
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/socket.py",
line 395, in create_connection
    sock.connect(sa)
socket.error: [Errno 61] Connection refused

I did not see the BadStatusLine exception in my unittesting. Is there
anything I can do to catch this exception, the try catch around the http
request did not catch it? I am using httplib2 if that helps
Thanks,
Shubhra