[Baypiggies] gridfs; mongo; gluster; I'll pay you :)

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Oct 24 02:24:16 CEST 2012

    Okay, that was an over-reaction. The gridfs was actually quite
simple. From doing research today, I think I already have it nailed
already. I thought it'd be more for me to learn and I didn't have a lot of
research time :(

    There is another change as well -- the pymongo interface has changed
(no more quite as file-like):

http://dirolf.com/2010/03/29/new-gridfs-implementation-for-pymongo.html

So, I guess I'm good. It would be very nice if there were a pool of experts
that were reasonably affordable that we could go to in situations like
this. I found Simeon's company's videos quite helpful for the bare bones
that I need. But, that doesn't really help them if I don't pay for a class.
:(

Maybe I need to do a little prep work in the future. I see Simeon's blog,
but don't actually remember the company without reviewing the videos (but I
remember it starts with an M) :)

http://simeonfranklin.com/pro-django-class/