[Baypiggies] PyLadies Panel discussion

Lynn Root erin.lynn.root at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:35:23 CEST 2012

Hi all!

It was great meeting some of you at August's meetup, and some at the
PyLadies events!

I'm organizing a Python panel for PyLadies in January (after the holidays,
no solid date set yet but will be an evening weekday) to be hosted in the
city.  I'd like to get women exposed to deeper conversations about Python,
so I'd like to invite core developers of CPython, PyPy, Jython, etc.  The
panel itself will probably start off with a 20-30 minute soft introduction
of the GIL, as well as the other implementation flavors of Python, just to
get everyone up to speed.

So far, Guido and Alex Gaynor have enthusiastically agreed to be on the
panel, and I have invited a couple of others.  Would anyone feel up to the
challenge in joining the panel or know someone I should bug?  Or would
anyone like to help me out with ideating on that soft intro to the GIL?

Ideally I'd also like to get women on the panel and/or for the intro, but
welcome men as well!

Much appreciated!

Lynn Root