[Baypiggies] Music Data Hackathon this Saturday - seeking venue?

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:02:30 CEST 2012

The Music Data Hackathon this Saturday 7/21 is seeking a physical venue (either southbay, SF, peninsula...).
Competition times are Sat 5am PST - Sun 5am PST, but the dataset is released Friday so you can get started.
Contact Margit Zwemer if your employer/hackerspace/org/whatever can host.
(Any HackerDojo members who can host?)
(I called Mtn View library but they no longer have a public room, but anyway we wouldn't want some place that
kicks us out at 6pm).

Regards,
Stephen

        Kaggle Update: Hackathon this Saturday

    Finding the Music in Data and the Data in Music

	Music Data Hackathon this Saturday

	For those who like their competitions short and sweet, we’re hosting another 24-hour hackathon THIS SATURDAY. The Music Data Hackathon is being organized by Data Science London on a subset of the EMI Million Interview Dataset.
 This is a rich, newly released collection of market research on the
tastes and listening habits of music fans all over the world (and it
gave us an excuse to put a pretty girl on the front page, which
Marketing assures me will drive participation) .  The Data will be made
available 24 hours prior to the start of the comp (Friday, 1pm London
time; Submissions open Saturday 1pm London time). There is also a
Visualization Track, hosted on the Kaggle Prospect interface, for the
data artists among you.