[Baypiggies] configuration parser using python modules?

Aleksandr Miroslav alexmiroslav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:26:56 CEST 2012

This may be obvious to people, but not to me, so I have to ask.

Instead of using ConfigurationParser, why not have a configuration file
be imported as a module, so this way, the variables could be part of the
module's namespace.

I know people have mentioned users running arbitrary code as a reason
for why this should not be done, aside from this, is there any other
reason? Is there a way to prevent users from running arbitrary code?