[Baypiggies] What is the best way to release simple (Python) open source utilities?

Jeff Fischer jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:15:57 CET 2011

Hi everyone,
 I've written a Python utility to kill processes by name. It can save some
typing if you are doing server-side development and need to kill background
processes a lot. A simple implementation can be really short, but I've put
the effort into giving it a decent command line interface (e.g. support
interactive and non-interactive modes, different signals) and now it is
about 100 lines. I'd like to share the code under a BSD license, as it might
be handy for others.

 I could package it up with a setup.py and put it on PyPi, but that seems
like overkill for a 100 line script. I could put it on github, but that also
seems like overkill (or do people commonly share scripts that way?). I could
wait until I have written more utilities and combine them into one larger
package. Any suggestions on the best way to share this code?

Thanks!
 - Jeff