[Baypiggies] Can you help develop and scale very high traffic web servers at Lolapps?

Grace Law gracelaw at mac.com
Fri Sep 17 23:15:41 CEST 2010

Hi there,

Want to work with a group of smart, fun people and LOL at the office?
We are a 2 year old, cash flow positive social gaming / Facebook App
company.  We have about 40 people now and plan to get to 60-70 in the
next 6 to 12 months.  We are a big Python/Pylons shop building high
quality Flash games.  You can find out how we scaled from 0 to 50
million users from this video at the last PyCon.
http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/135/  :)

We're looking for a seasoned performance engineer to do more of that.

More details here:

Python Server/Scalability Engineer

You know the thrill and the terror of an unexpected traffic storm that's
railed your application.  You think on your feet, adapt and make a genius
patch that let's your servers hold to see out the storm, then hit the whiteboard
to start architecting a solution that will handle the next storm with ease.

Ideally, you:
* Love python and can code it in your sleep.
* Working knowledge of Linux, scripting, and SQL.
* Understand when MySQL is great and experiment with NoSQL solutions
(Memcached/Mongo/Redis/Cassandra)
* Know how to put together a web-application stack. (We use Pylons/
Paste.)
* Enjoy bouncing ideas of your teammates to build up solutions no one
person could of thought up by themselves.
* Care about your implementations and find yourself compulsively
checking that your latest experimental deploy is working the way you
thought it would.

You'll get to:

* Work in an innovative space that is expanding into a billion dollar
industry.
* Design and implement large chunks of scalability features.
* Help make key infrastructure decisions (databases, replication
layouts, caching solutions, etc.).
* Experiment with the newest emerging open-source technologies.
* Test your ideas and strategies out on millions of users and enormous
data sets.
* Head up a small team of experienced engineers (if you are willing
and able).
* Have fun.  Play ping pong, foosball, video games.
* Eat. We buy your lunches.

Want to find out more?  Send me an email or Click here to apply

Cheers,

Grace
http://lolapps.com