[Baypiggies] [JOB] Software Engineer, Cloud Fabric Team, Nimbula Inc.

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 04:02:16 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Lee Hinde <leehinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.bigcontrarian.com/2010/07/02/fairly-unremarkable-backgrounds/

Nice link :
http://blogs.zoho.com/general/how-we-recruit-on-formal-credentials-vs-experience-based-education

Being from India and having chosen experience to academic superiority, i
second the views. Also, the 'conventional' indian  IT firms do not seem to
respect startup experience. For eg, i quit my job from a BIG org and then
joined a startup and then moved to one more due to some problems - people
were highly sceptical with me shifting some firms in a short span of
time.and I had to substantiate my experience. I learnt more in that short
span of moves than the few years working in the BIG org.

I must say that the societal structures have a BIG factor in all these
discussions.

-V
http://twitter.com/venkasub
http://theindianstreet.blogspot.com/