[Baypiggies] Favorite python encryption package?

Chris Clark Chris.Clark at ingres.com
Fri Jan 15 21:41:35 CET 2010

I can recommend PyCrypto (although I never build it, I use pre-built
binaries), which has a wealth of ciphers.

I use a pure Python Blowfish implementation (that has a similar API)
when I can't get prebuilt bins for my platform. If you want a copy of it
see
http://code.google.com/p/pytombo/source/browse/trunk/src/pytombo/blowfish.py
NOTE I didn't write it. There are older (and alternative) versions
around (just google for blowfish.py) but I know this one works and
happens to be compatible with the canonical C versions (to the point
where I've used this to read stuff encrypted with other peoples C/C++
based tools).

Chris