[Baypiggies] PyCon Reminders

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 01:50:50 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2010, Paul McNett wrote:
>>
>> I just booked the only available direct flight from SJC to ATL - a redeye
>> leaving San Jose at 10:30 on Tuesday and arriving in Atlanta 6am
>> Wednesday. I'm already sharing a room at the Hyatt but perhaps there's
>> another pythonista or two that will be on the same flight to share a cab
>> with...
>
> Warning: when I stayed at the airport Crowne Plaza a year ago, they
> canceled my room when I arrived on the redeye despite confirming with
> them.  Obviously, this is a different hotel, but I've had enough
> problems with Hyatt lately that I definitely recommend confirming with
> hotel the day of arrival.

i'm not taking a RE flight this time (as there are more non-stops from
SFO), but i too, also call both the night before and the morning of to
make sure that even if i can't get into my room yet since i am
arriving before check-out time, that they have room to store my
luggage (or perhaps am lucky enough to get a room that was either
uninhabited the night before or that someone took off early enough to
let housekeeping clear it out before my arrival).

one other note i wanted to pass on is that airfares are the *best*
they can be now to get out there. i book my plane ticket for $425 last
week, and it's dropped over a hundred bucks. airtran and delta have RT
flights from SFO-ATL for $319(!) like *now* (and even less from OAK
starting from $289[!] but more from SJC starting at $359). let my pain
be your gain!

-- wesley
"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
    http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com