[Baypiggies] Ban recruiters again?

Rob Miller rob at kalistra.com
Tue Feb 23 01:51:29 CET 2010

Aahz wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010, Roderick Llewellyn wrote:
>> As one of the writers pointed out, companies like Facebook would much
>> rather have false negatives (bouncing qualified people) than false
>> positives (hiring incompetents). That will change when the economy moves
>> around and the pool of unemployed qualified candidates dries up. You'll
>> stop seeing the job postings with 'tude and the endless robotic hurdles
>> to jump over. Oh for the Clinton days again!!! :)
>
> Actually, my impression is that the pool of unemployed QUALIFIED
> candidates has already dried up around here.

As a long-time Python hacker who was laid off a couple of weeks ago and is
currently looking for my next gig, I'd be inclined to disagree... ;)

That said, I don't feel strongly either way about reinstating the recruiter
ban right now.  I think the ban is a good idea in general, and if recruiter
posts were becoming common I'd definitely want to reinstate it, but for now it
doesn't seem like too much of a problem.

-r