[Baypiggies] Python & Django: No module named _sqlite3

Andy Wiggin andywiggin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:55:57 CEST 2010

I had what sounds like a similar problem when building my own sqlite
and Python 2.5.4. I believe the root problem was that the Python build
script could not find the sqlite header files so the _sqlite3.so was
not built. My solution was simply to add the correct C compiler flag
to the standard env variable before calling configure for Python. E.g.
(using csh):

setenv CPPFLAGS -I/my-root-path/sqlite3/include
./configure ...
make
make install

As suggested, there may be a way to accomplish the same thing using
./configure options, etc.

Regards,
Andy