[Baypiggies] Slightly OT: *lightweight* Javascript frameworks?

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 05:45:41 CEST 2010

Hey all,

Very slightly OT -- hope you'll bear with me. I really enjoyed the discussion on
here a few months back about client-side web applications and comparisons of
various frameworks. I was wondering if I might be able to leverage some of that
knowledge base and kick off an interesting discussion at the same time.

A client of mine is looking to add Javascript effects, transitions, and AJAX
functionality to their web application. The kicker? It's a mobile-oriented web
app -- so small code size is key. Even minified and gzipped, most of the popular
frameworks are pretty heavy from that point of view. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Rami

----
Rami Chowdhury
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available."
-- Benford's Law of Controversy
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 01819-245544 (BD)