[Baypiggies] __init__.py.in

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:22:39 CET 2009

Sorry for this newbie question, but I'm stumped.     I'd like to use
package pyatspi, which comes with (among other things) a file called
__init__.py.in.    The instructions for installation say to run
"python setup.py install" as expected.     However "python setup.py
install" and "python setup.py build" give me the error

running build
running build_py
package init file '__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)
package init file '__init__.py' not found (or not a regular file)

Well yeah, the svn download doesn't provide an __init__.py file, so I
don't have one!

What step am I missing here?     How do I turn __init__.py.in into
__init__.py?    I can't find the answer in G****e.

Alternatively, what I wish to do is to use pyatspi to switch linux
desktop screens under programmatic control.    Is there a more
recommended package that provides this capability.

Thanks,
Alison

--
Alison Chaiken