[Baypiggies] draft of pycon talk

Aaron Maxwell amax at redsymbol.net
Tue Mar 24 18:39:33 CET 2009

Hi Minesh,

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 09:57:43 Minesh Patel wrote:
> Just reviewing the slides, I like the flow as well. I like how you
> emphasize QA/testing, but it would be nice if you could provide more
> details testing in Buildbot. I did the see the Twisted Trial steps in
> the master.cfg, but I guess a little more details about it would help
> since the topic is Automated QA, IMHO. Maybe something like the test
> code needs to subclass the Twisted's unittest and it recursively
> searches for test_* functions.

Thanks for the comments.  I agree 120% more specifics and details are needed.
I'm not sure how I'm going to fit more in; it's already bursting out of the
time slot.  I'll find a way though :)

In the audio, and in the eventual talk, I spend about five minutes explaining
the buildbot configuration slide near the end (time well spent I think).  To
get the most bang for the buck, what I want to do is find some way to include a
second, more complex example configuration, that includes code coverage and
perhaps static source checking (e.g. pylint).   I'm afraid I won't be able to
go into fine detail about trial, though.

Thanks,
Aaron

--
Aaron Maxwell