[Baypiggies] current topic schedule for February, March, and April

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:05:37 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2009, at 2:04 AM, Drew Perttula wrote:
>
>  Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>>
>> On another topic, does anyone have experience with the other dbm modules
>> such as tokyo cabinet? I'm looking for something to use instead of
>> berkeleydb since I'm sick of dealing with berkeleydb corruptions every
>> several days. I can't manage to settle on a 'safe' config since I use
>> multiple machines and distros. I'm ready to give up some write performance
>> for robustness.
>>

> Yeah, we had various mysterious problems with berkdb a while back.
>  Googling suggest "try this or that magic flag", at which point we switched
> to GDBM & have never looked back.  To be honest, I've not heard of anyone
> who *hasn't* had serious problems with berkleydb in a non-trivial use case
> (best known example being Subversion).

We(with one of my previous employers) had similar problems with berkdb when
using the pybsddb module or the default module with Py.
We then latter wrote our own extensions modules using Boost:C++ and it
worked like a charm. It was easy and we extended only those features which
we needed.
Also, we noticed that our module was faster than the pybsddb nmodule. Wish i
could share the source!!!

-V-
http://twitter.com/venkat83