[Baypiggies] Experienced software engineer available for a new position

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Tue Jan 20 03:25:52 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Bjorn Tipling <bjorn at ambientchill.com> wrote:
> Really a lot of us are looking for work? :S That's scary.

Yeah, it IS -- just a year ago, or less, there was a scramble for
Python programmers, now a *lot* of excellent people are looking for
work AND most all places I know have just about frozen hiring (with
the possible exception of "superstars"). I don't think it's in any way
specific to Python either, though I don't follow the Java, C++ &c
situations as closely. In fact this time, as opposed to the dot.com
bust, it's not really even programming-specific...

Alex