[Baypiggies] Online Dictionary/Thesaurus

Michael Cheponis mac at Culver.Net
Thu Feb 5 00:59:03 CET 2009

For sure, I'd have to say assembly language; possibly portable assembly language (that is, C). Undoubtedly, your dictionary/thesaurus will fit entirely in memory. This way will always be the fastest, as you never want a user to wait even a millisecond if it's not necessary.  People should NEVER wait for machines, and this trend of ever-bloated software MUST end. Every second your software wastes of other people's lives is a second they could have been doing something more productive.  When multiplied by the millions of users you'll have, inefficient software is causing HUGH amounts of Human Life to be wasted, just because a programmer was lazy.

You should probably prototype it in Python, however.  And, who knows, that may be fast enough for your application.

-Mike