[Baypiggies] Frequently Argued Objections

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 08:07:46 CEST 2008

> PEP-8 is good but pretty dense; folks, is there yet an Eclipse or other plugin
> that enforces (or flags) PEP-8 compliance, allowing me to opt out of some
> giudelines? Now that would be awesome.

I've read *a lot* of style guides, and PEP-8 is pretty decent.  It's
more useful than Perl's, yet smaller and easier to remember than
Java's.  Here's a script that will help you insure your code follows
PEP-8:

http://svn.browsershots.org/trunk/devtools/pep8/pep8.py

Personally, I don't need it.  I have a little voice in the back of my
head that starts yelling at me anytime I see non-PEP-8 compliant code,
whether it's mine or not ;)

Happy Hacking!
-jj

--
It's a walled garden, but the flowers sure are lovely!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/