[Baypiggies] Slide is looking for more python engineers and a software manager

Libor Michalek libor at pobox.com
Thu Jul 17 02:25:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 03:40:11PM -0700, Grace Law wrote:

> Responsibilities for Software Manager:
> * Technologies we use include: Python, Django, Jquery, OO Javascript,
>   AJAX ActionScript, Flex, Flash, MySQL, Linux...

  Note, we don't use Django anywhere. All the XML and image servers for
the Flash applications are custom HTTP servers written in our coroutine
framework. The same framework we use in all of our non-apache servers,
including our mid-tier object data-store/cache.

  Also, wondering if other people do this as well; In the 'experience'
or 'nice to have' sections of our jobs pages we frequently list
technologies we don't actually use. Instead we list them because we feel
they're the most common/popular analogues to much less common/popular
technologies we happen to be using.

-Libor

P.S. My team is hiring as well. ;)

Libor Michalek                        email: libor at slide.com
Chief Architect                       cell:  (415) 378 4169
Slide, Inc.                           fax:   (415) 618 0510