[Baypiggies] Anyone hack pylint to find assert errors?

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 02:41:39 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Charles Merriam
<charles.merriam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  I've run across the classic assert error problem one too many times:
>      assert (False,  "Never triggered: The problem is in the tuple")
>
>  This will still be broken in Python 3.0, last I checked.  Anyone
>  figured out how to get PyLint to flag these?
>  I'd rather not have my own regex script.

Mine own approach is to go to the programmer, stand above him, and shout:

GET IT THROUGH YOUR DAMN HEAD!  ASSERT IS A STATEMENT, NOT A
FUNCTION!!!  DON'T USE PARENTHESIS!

(This is humor.  Please don't take me seriously.)

/me giggles ;)

-jj

--
I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/