[Baypiggies] new web application framework.

Keith Dart ♂ keith at dartworks.biz
Thu Mar 1 03:00:26 CET 2007

Bob Ippolito wrote the following on 2007-02-28 at 17:12 PST:
===
> That sounds like the same paradigm that Routes has. Maybe a different
> syntax? I haven't looked very hard at Django because their ORM is
> worthless for my apps and I don't like their template language.

===

Yes, other frameworks do the same thing. The Django ORM is nice in some
ways, but also a real problem. It helps to get started quickly, but
it's not as flexible as we would have liked. We did a lot of stuff to
work around it though....

BTW, we also use, and this framework is (will be) designed to use
MochiKit. I like it a lot. Thanks a lot for that. :-) I intend, in the
future, to seamlessly integrate some Python methods to client-side
Javascript in keeping with the goal that a pure-Python developer can
create a reasonably nice web app without knowing javascript or XHTML or
CSS at all.

--

Keith Dart