[Baypiggies] Let's welcome the new year!

Chad Harrington harrington_chad at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:30:23 CET 2007

> I propose:

> * We create a moderated baypiggies-announce mailing list.  Job
> postings would not be welcome here.  In fact, it would be used only
> for baypiggies meeting announcements and perhaps announcements for
> other Python-related meetings.

> * The current baypiggies list could remain a place for Python
> discussion, a *small* amount of Python job posts (still requiring that
> the jobs be for Python and in the Bay Area), meeting planning, etc.

+1 on this proposal above.  I have a separate proposal:

I think a separate baypiggies-jobs list would be the best solution to the
jobs issue.  90+% of BayPiggies members aren't looking for jobs and would be
annoyed by lots of job posts. The remaining 10% are looking for work and
would likely welcome a large number of jobs.

If you are looking for a job, you subscribe to the jobs list.  If not, you
don't.  Seems like the simplest policy.  There is no value in having job
listings go to the 90% who don't want them.

Do others agree?

Chad Harrington
harrington_chad at hotmail.com