[Baypiggies] {BayPiggies] Nov. 9 Meeting Air Traffic Control

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Nov 3 06:03:25 CET 2006

Thursday Nov. 9, 2006

7:30-8:50 p.m.   Technical Program
------------------------------------
Title          Python for Prototyping in Air Traffic Control
Presenter      Russ Paielli (NASA Ames Research)
About the talk The talk will start with a high-level overview of the US air
traffic control system, then it will focus on tactical (i.e., short range)
conflict alerting and describe the prototype software that we are
developing to replace the legacy software that currently performs that
function. Examples of actual "operational errors" will be presented, and
the alerting performance of our system will be tested and compared with the
legacy system. The rationale for using Python for the prototype and its
testing will be briefly discussed.

8:50 p.m-...    Mapping and Random Access
Mapping Moderator  Dennis Reinhardt (DAIR Computer Systems)
Mapping is a rapid-fire audience announcement open to all of topic headings
(one speaker at a time). Random Access session (everyone breaks up into
self-organized small-group discussion) follows immediately after Mapping.