[Baypiggies] PyCon follow-up

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:57:22 CET 2006

thanks to everyone for "making the talk happen" last thursday... i was
afraid that we weren't gonna be able to pull it off, but once we you
all going, then i think we'll always be ok.

i briefly mentioned that there were about 10-12 tutorial compendia
remaining from PyCon.  3 of you have expressed interest in purchasing
them for the original cost of $25.  if anyone else is interested, let
me know, as we can pull them out of storage in dallas.  if you want to
know what the tutorials were at this year's PyCon:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2006/Tutorials

every tutorial has a separate description page, and i was able to get
slides or notes from all of the presenters for the compendia... 250
pages total.

also, the feedback/evaluation forms from PyCon have been tabulated,
and the results are here:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2006/Feedback

notice the geographic locations of where people want future PyCon
events held... the Bay Area ranks at the top (if you add all the Bay
Area cities [SF, SJ, "Bay Area"] together). tony might just get his
wish yet.  :-)

cheers,
-wesley