[Baypiggies] How to invite and attract speakers?

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 12 03:56:02 CET 2006

Hi all,

Seems like now is a good time to make a call for speakers for Baypiggies:
graduating PhD candidates, people in Pythonic startups, government
researchers (e.g. NOAA), recruiters, consultants, shareware authors...
I have my eye on several interesting companies that I've noticed.

So my question is: how do we invite and attract people?
We don't do travel costs, honoraria and membership fees, so that limits us
to people who really want to spread the word.
Also, would need to schedule many months in advance to coincide with their
travel schedules.
(Aahz - can we list the location, date and time of future scheduled meetings
on the webpage?)

Anyway I will personally send some invitations to people I know to get the
ball rolling.
Based on talking to Wes it would be great if several of us did this and see
who we can turn up.

Regards,
Stephen