[Baypiggies] Python opening for kids in Seattle

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:27:46 CET 2006

Updated job description below.  Sorry for the confusion and delete the
previous desecription.  If you have further questions about the
position, pls contact Ramona directly.

thanks,
-wesley

Programmer / Analyst III

Seattle Public Schools has an opening in our Department of Technology
Services for a Programmer / Analyst III ). We are seeking a Programmer
Analyst who has 3+ years experience, 2 or more with Python development
experience. You will work in a collaborative team environment and be
responsible for evaluating, analyzing, and designing programs and small
systems. Must be able to create detailed system and program
specifications from written and verbal functional requirements. Write
and maintain complex programs, develop and use test plans for programs
and applications.

We offer challenging work on a variety of platforms, and a work life
style that recognizes the need to balance work with family and other
activities.

The starting salary is $3674 - $4376 (mid-step)/month depending on
qualifications and experience. This is a full-year position. The
benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and long-term
disability insurance. In addition, this position is eligible for 12 paid
holidays, 2 personal days, 12 sick days per year, and 18 vacation days.
We are located just South of Safeco Field and have free parking.

Qualifications

Must possess:
* AA Degree in mathematics, computer science, or a related field
* Three (3) or more years of relevant work experience
* Comprehensive understanding of and experience in developing
application systems in an internet or web-based environment
* Software support and maintenance experience

Skill in:
* Python; mod_python
* SQL Server 2005, MySQL
* Dreamweaver, HTML, XML, CSS
* Java

Ability to:
* Develop and maintain complex programs
* Develop and use test plans to test programs and applications
* Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the
position

Licenses/Special Requirements:
* Valid Washington State Driver's License or evidence of equivalent
mobility

Ramona Pierson
Project Manager; SOURCE
Technology Services