[Baypiggies] Dec. 14 Meeting "Programming Productivity: What Really Matters?"

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Thu Dec 14 07:54:46 CET 2006

On 12/13/06, Marilyn Davis <marilyn at deliberate.com> wrote:
> So far, it seems to me, this little disagreement we are having is divided against the gender axis.  Just commenting, I don't have any judgement or conclusion about it, I just find it interesting.

OK, so let me weigh in...: I _know_ I'm going to be seriously tired
tomorrow night, except (perhaps, with some luck:-) very early on, as
I'm going to have a long and intense workday before it; so, from my
subjective POV the tradeoff is -- am I going to be dozing at the end
of the presentation (if we have socialtime _before_), or am I going to
be dozing through socialtime (if we have it _after_).  Overall, I'd
(marginally) prefer the first option.

Sorry to spoil the nice gender-axis alignment, but then, I tend to do
that (I guess that, according to our great State's great governor,
this makes me a "girlyman":-).

> I'm looking forward to whatever part I'm able to get to.

Likewise, except s/get to/be awake for/ :-).

Alex