[Baypiggies] PyGTK

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 08:16:15 CEST 2006

On 4/25/06, Redefined Horizons <redefined.horizons at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like wxPython is the most popular widget platform for Python. I
> think most of the Python IDEs I've checked out offer wxPython GUI Builders.
> Is anyone on this list using PyGTK instead? I use GTK in some of my other
> programming, and would like to stick with it when using Python. I'm also
> curious as to why it doesn't see as widespread use in Python as wxWidgets.

wxPython probably does a better job at being cross platform than
PyGTK.  I have used PyGTK in the past, mainly because I wanted a
native-looking GNOME application.  I gave a talk on it in December.
See <http://gcipher.sourceforge.net/>.  If you want a trivial example
project to get you started, just ask, and I'll send you one that I
wrote.  By the way, if you're going to use wxPython, I've heard that
PythonCard takes a lot of the pain out of using wxPython.

Best Regards,
-jj