[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies leadership

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Apr 7 03:42:51 CEST 2006

>Aahz> The level of anarchy IMO is primarily driven by lack of agenda.

The meeting format is also responsible here.  Announcements should be moved
end of the meeting and be *brief*.  Having rapid fire, brief announcements
at the end of the meeting will yield a latency of no more than a few
minutes between the making of an announcement and the opportunity to go
discuss it.  As it stands now, over an hour passes before there is an
opportunity to discuss and most of the content of the announcement is
lost.  Everybody loses.

Without announcements at the beginning, people who came for the technical
part of the meeting can reasonably expect the program to start on time and
leave when they want after it is over.

JJ> ... I personally find our current level of
 > anarchy somewhat fun, I've heard complaints that the group lacks
 > focus.

I will not travel very far for unfocused anarchy -- not my idea of fun.

Dennis