[BangPypers] Jupyter Support in Django App

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:16:40 EDT 2016

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 at 17:21 Raghav <ragbadaskar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I need some advice on embedding Jupyter Notebook into my Django
> application. Something similar to Kaggle Notebooks. Kaggle allows you to
> spin a custom notebook in browser.
>
> We too want users to spin their own notebooks for different experiments.
>
> I've seen django-extensions and shell_plus but this just adds Jupyter app
> to the django application.
>
> Can someone help me with understanding a broad approach? Thanks in advance.

Look at Jupyterhub. It allows spawning custom notebook servers (not just
notebook).

Running jupyter notebook on a server is very insecure. You may want to run
it in a docker container, or run each notebook in docker container for
isolation.

There is a service tmpnb for providing temporary jupyter notebooks. You can
probably just use that if that fits your need or look at it and see if you
can modify it to suit your needs.

https://github.com/jupyter/tmpnb

Anand