[BangPypers] Python 2.x Vs 3 & Books - Frequently Asked Question but on latest context

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:02:35 EDT 2016

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 at 20:49 Jins Thomas <jinsthomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> A frequently asked question, but would like to hear the latest opinion of
> Python enthusiasts on this.
>
> 1) If a person is starting with Python these days can we  still recommend
> to start with 2.x or it's better now to start with 3

If you are starting Python now, I would recommend starting with Python 3.
Many of the existing libraries have been ported to Python 3 and there are
some cool nice features like async etc. in Python 3 which are not available
in Python 2. Python 3 is becoming main stream slowly.

2) Do we have new good books recommendations for beginner/intermediate
> levels

A Byte of Python, Swaroop C H
http://python.swaroopch.com/

Python Cookbook, David Beazley, 3rd edition, O'Reilly Media
http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1230000000393/

Dive Into Python 3, Mark Pilgrim
http://www.diveinto.org/python3/

Anand